[wp-testers] Possible 2.2 post slug issue..

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 21:37:54 GMT 2007

Lloyd Budd wrote:
> On 2/22/07, Matthew Robinson <mattyrobuk at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> It may be difficult to exactly replicate the bug as the code posted
>> is for a smart quote apostrophe (') but there is also a normal
>> apostrophe ('), a back apostrophe (´) and a forward apostrophe (`)
>> available in some form on most keyboards (if you know the key strokes!).
>>
>> I have reproduced this same error using a smart quote (Using Shift -
>> Option - ] on a Mac)
>
> Awesome Matt!
>
> Smart quote apostrophe ' results in a permalink URL with %e2%80%99
> http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3843/
>
> Filed bug, but seems a lot less scary now.
>
> Thanks,
> Lloyd

Thanks guys for looking into this. :) I wasn't really sure what method
was used, for creating the ' because my other author TGO, made the
posts. ;) At the time of sending the first email, I didn't check his
other post, to see if it happened more then once.

I just did now though, and that other posts slug was just fine. So, he
must have used another method while writing up the second post then..
:/  I fixed the second posts slug now, so.. I keep an eye out for my
other author's posts to. If I see anymore coming out like that, I'll
just adjust them accordingly, and wait until the ticket/patch has been
submitted into SVN..

Thanks again guys!

--
spencerp