[wp-testers] Re: 2.1.1 and addition of extraneous

Toby Simmons toby at simmonsconsulting.com
Tue Feb 20 17:20:33 GMT 2007

>> >That's an annoying one, fixed for 2.1.1
>> >
>> >Ryan
>>
>> Okay, now I'm curious ... will it no longer insert extraneous <p>, or
>> will it simply close all extraneously added <p>?
>
>Hi Toby,
>
>Why not satisfying your curiosity by applying the patch?
>
>(looking at the patch it looks like it will not add <p> in lists and
>other scenarios)
>
>This is an ideal area for automated testing if anyone wants to help.
>
>The power is yours,
>Lloyd

Thanks, Lloyd. I had installed the RC (which was still busted) and had
updated /wp-includes/formatting.php from SVN yesterday evening from
http://trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-includes/formatting.php?format=tx
t (which was still busted.) I just looked at trac again and see that Ryan
checked in formatting.php 12 hours ago, so I updated to the latest version
just now and it works swell. I must have just missed it!

Thanks all!

Cheers,

Toby