[wp-testers] Killed my blog with rev 5183

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 14:56:21 GMT 2007

On 4/5/07, Garrett Fitzgerald <sarekofvulcan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/5/07, Brian Layman <Brian at thecodecave.com> wrote:
> >
> > Do you have a .htaccess file?  Rename it temporarily.
>

> No .htaccess.
>
> What does view source reveal?
>

> Blank page: no <HEAD>, no <HTML>, no nuttin'.
>
> You're certain you updated all files?
>

> Not absolutely... I'll upload the files again and double-check for errors.
> Should I erase most of the existing files, instead of just copying over the
> top? (Keeping .config and my modified theme, of course...)

As I wrote previously, check your PHP logs and settings.

It sounds like your provider (wisely) has PHP display errors disabled.
Enable the
display_errors to see what is happening or look at the error logs.

Hope that helps,
--
Lloyd Budd | Digital Entomologist | 250-885-1744
WordPress.com | WordPress.org | Automattic.com