[wp-testers] Conflict management. Was: About DB Backup

Craig nuclearmoose at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 21:34:28 GMT 2006

On 9/26/06, Lloyd D Budd <lloydomattic at gmail.com> wrote:

> The main point is "Praise publicly, criticize privately."

Couldn't agree more, however (there's always a "however", isn't there?) the
fact is that we aren't in a traditional business setup. We have no way of
knowing where or how to send our critiques or concerns. An email sent to
Matt or Ryan is likely one of hundreds they get per day, so it may never be
read. Nobody gets a receipt to show that their feedback has been received.
There is so little information coming out of the mother ship at times it
seems like a note to the devs is a drop in the bucket.

Perhaps there needs to be a mechanism established for just this purpose,
with somebody (or some bot) responsible for acknowledging the comments and
then they need to identify the lapses in communication. With so many mailing
lists, so many diverse interests, where does one go to file a complaint or
issue of this nature?

I have emailed Matt with one set of possible solutions for this, but I'm
curious to know what the folks out there in WP-Land have to say about this.

Craig.