[wp-testers] Trunk rev 4215

Joefish joe at feastofcrumbs.com
Mon Sep 25 20:48:56 GMT 2006

On 9/25/06, Robert Deaton <false.hopes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/25/06, Joefish <joe at feastofcrumbs.com> wrote:
> > The XML export is a nice feature, but as far as I'm concerned, it's
> > kind of useless. Maybe I'm eyeballing the exported XML wrong, but it
> > doesn't seem like it makes note of post and comment ID numbers. A lot
> > of links are going to break if posts and comments are all renumbered.
>
> A link to the current permalink of the article is included. Plugins
> notsomuch, but changing your theme could break those links, so I don't
> view it as that much of a deal. But once again, this is trunk. If a
> feature is not complete, lacking some features, broken, etc., open up
> tickets, bring up mailing list discussions, don't sit back and diss it
> and do nothing about it (not necessarily to you, but to people in
> general).

I am bringing up a mailing list discussion. Isn't this it, or am I
missing something?

I turned off my friendly permalinks and returned to the standard
/?p=123 structure and I see  the exported XML notes post numbers as
part of the permalinks. So, maybe that's not an issue at all. But I
still don't see any mention of comment ID numbers. Are comment IDs
preserved in some way I'm not seeing?