[wp-testers] Trunk rev 4215

Joefish joe at feastofcrumbs.com
Mon Sep 25 19:56:12 GMT 2006

On 9/25/06, Craig <nuclearmoose at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/25/06, Joefish <joe at feastofcrumbs.com> wrote:
> >

> > The XML export is a nice feature, but as far as I'm concerned, it's
> > kind of useless. Maybe I'm eyeballing the exported XML wrong, but it
> > doesn't seem like it makes note of post and comment ID numbers. A lot
> > of links are going to break if posts and comments are all renumbered.
> >

> I've already used an XML export to completely rebuild my site database, and
> have not had these issues.

Are post and comment number preserved? I don't see that in the
exported XML. Given that most people delete the post and comment with
the ID number 1, every post and comment will have it's number changed.
Any link (internal or otherwise) that points to
http://domain.com/2006/08/17/this-post/#comment-1128 or
http://domain.com/?p=1403 will no longer point to the right object.

Then there are deleted drafts, the empty numbers generated by comment
spam, posts out of order, pages hidden with
wp_list_pages('exclude=1386,1392, etc.

Like I said, maybe it's my eyes. But I don't see the post and comment
numbers in the XML.