[wp-testers] vmware WordPress virtual machines?

Dan Coulter dan at dancoulter.com
Sat Sep 23 04:25:00 GMT 2006

On 9/22/06, Lloyd D Budd <lloydomattic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the tip on rPath. I just started playing around with it. It
> seems I have to first install a an rPath Linux VM/installation (~160
> MB) to do anything interesting, so I stopped and checked and saw that
> the Gallery Appliance seems also to be about ~160 MB download.

You could try something like "Damn Small Linux".  I don't know how much
extra space Apache/PHP/MySQL take up, though.  You might want to check this
list (http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/) for small web
servers.

--
Dan Coulter
http://www.dancoulter.com/

Hey, I got nothing to do today but smile
-Simon and Garfunkel