[wp-testers] Contact forms

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Thu Sep 14 16:42:39 GMT 2006

Fullo wrote:
>you should use the akismet.php class
Thanks for the code!

How polite is it to spread the use of Akismet?  Right, now I
use a combo of oh 4 or 5 DNSBL checks to block registration on
my VBulletin sites.  It's worked really well for the last two
years.  In the last two weeks, Registration bots are starting
to pop up now that aren't from spamming addresses known to the
DNSBLs yet.

I could Akismet comments for posters with a count < 5. If this
became popular, and Akismet was trained, it would be a fairly
effective way to block these VBulletin bots.  IIRC the Akismet
pages invited other uses. Is VBulletin too far out of bounds?