[wp-testers] 2.0.5 and the upgrade...

Rick Beckman rick.beckman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 05:08:42 GMT 2006

spencerp,

If all of the 2.0.5 files are uploaded on top of the 2.0.4 files,
/wp-includes/version.php will be updated as well. On the next access to the
admin panel of the site, users will be prompted to update their database.
I'm not sure that step can be skipped.

However, if users neglect to visit their admin panel after upgrading--even
if just to make sure nothing breaks--that could lead to a lack of database
update.

--
Rick