[wp-testers] Old trac tickets

Bas Bosman wordpress at nazgul.nu
Tue Oct 3 21:30:14 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I just did a search on trac for open tickets, which have a version < 2.0
or no version set at all. I was surprised it returned over 250 results.

How many of these tickets are still valid, either for the upcoming 2.0.5
release or the 2.1 branch/trunk?

I think it would be a good idea to walk through them all and mark them
with a needs-patch (or has-patch) and a recent version number if they're
still valid or close them with a worksforme or a wontfix (depending on the
ticket) if they're not.

Because there are a lot of these open tickets which are over a year old,
new users could get the impression that we aren't doing much to fix their
problems, while I suspect that over half of these items are already fixed
or should be solved in plugins.

The query I ran:
http://trac.wordpress.org/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&version=%212.0&version=%212.0.1&version=%212.0.2&version=%212.0.3&version=%212.0.4&version=%212.1&order=id&desc=1

What do you guys think?