[wp-testers] Default theme

Rob Miller r at robm.me.uk
Mon Jun 12 10:33:56 GMT 2006

Sean Hayford O'Leary wrote:
> What if Kubrick were selected by default (with all its current
> features), but were not *technically* the default theme -- a cleanly
> coded new theme would be the fall-back theme and hold the "default"
> directory.
>
> Good for people new with WordPress, but still provides a more solid
> XHTML core for extending themes.

This is a good idea, IMO. I think we should rename "default" ->
"kubrick" and enable it as the theme by default on new installs, then
install Gemini as "base" or "customise-me" or something to that effect.

That way we still get Kubrick as the recognisable "WordPress look" that
it is now, and also get the benefit of having a simple theme for users
to customise. Win-win, I think.

--
Rob Miller
http://robm.me.uk/ | http://kantian.co.uk/