[wp-testers] Default theme

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 04:29:44 GMT 2006

On 6/11/06, Sean Hayford O'Leary <sdho at sdho.org> wrote:
> Classic's cleaner than Kubrick, but it still leaves some to be
> desired.

Kubrick has something no other theme has. Kubrick is good for
WordPress the way Angelina Jolie's face is good for Angelina Jolie.
(Sorry. I had http://botd.wordpress.com/ on my mind.) You may not like
the way it looks, but it's distinctive and enough people like it.

Point being: I value the sort of brand recognition that we get from
Heilemann's handy design work. I don't think the look of Kubrick is
sacred. Maybe it's precious.

I don't suggest that the original Kubrick code should never be
overhauled or even tweaked. Rather, it's the target of enough
complaints that I'm surprised it's not patched already. Is anybody
interested in doing that? Has it been done satisfactorily?

Andy