[wp-testers] Default theme

Sean Hayford O'Leary sdho at sdho.org
Mon Jun 12 07:01:03 GMT 2006

(I was referring to the code, not the appearance in cleanliness.)
Again, I have no objection to Kubrick being shipped with WP, but it
simply should not be default: whether its code is cleaned up or not,
it's still designed to do more than "default" really needs to do.

Keeping it as "default" basically adds bulk to WP's core and is
harmful to those who want to develop with it. Including as an extra
but non-essential theme benefits those who want an easy install and
makes it easy for theme developers.

-Sean Hayford-O'Leary

On 6/11/06, Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/11/06, Sean Hayford O'Leary <sdho at sdho.org> wrote:
> > Classic's cleaner than Kubrick, but it still leaves some to be
> > desired.
>
> Kubrick has something no other theme has. Kubrick is good for
> WordPress the way Angelina Jolie's face is good for Angelina Jolie.
> (Sorry. I had http://botd.wordpress.com/ on my mind.) You may not like
> the way it looks, but it's distinctive and enough people like it.
>
> Point being: I value the sort of brand recognition that we get from
> Heilemann's handy design work. I don't think the look of Kubrick is
> sacred. Maybe it's precious.
>
> I don't suggest that the original Kubrick code should never be
> overhauled or even tweaked. Rather, it's the target of enough
> complaints that I'm surprised it's not patched already. Is anybody
> interested in doing that? Has it been done satisfactorily?
>
> Andy

Sean Hayford O'Leary
http://sdho.org