[wp-testers] 2.0.1 Testing: XMLRPC, Cache, Uploads

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Tue Jan 17 23:18:43 GMT 2006

We need to put 2.0.1 through its paces.  Particular areas to focus on
are XMLRPC, Obect Caching, and Uploads.

The upload directory can now be changed in Options->Misc.  The upload
directory must be within the WP tree.  Organizing uploads by year/month
can be turned on/off via a checkbox.  The default values if safe_mode is
enabled are wp-content/ for the upload directory and no month/year
organization.  The defaults if safe_mode is off are wp-content/uploads
for the upload dir with year/month organization turned on.  We have
different defaults when safe_mode is on because safe_mode breaks
directory creation in interesting ways on most hosts.

All XMLRPC interfaces need to be tested.  We had to touch every XMLRPC
function to fix some user init problems.  We especially need XMLRPC
upload testing with ecto and other clients which support
newMediaObject().

The object cache has new flush code that should help certain
environments during upgrades.  After running upgrade.php, look in your
cache directory to make sure all objects have fresh timestamps.  Also,
if safe_mode is on, the persistent cache is disabled due to the
aforementioned problems with safe_mode.  I might add an ENABLE_CACHE
flag that can be set in wp-config.php to force the cache to be enabled
for those who know they have a functional safe_mode and want to use the
cache.

Go grab the latest nightly and try to break it.

http://static.wordpress.org/builds/

Ryan