[wp-testers] 2.0.1 Testing: XMLRPC, Cache, Uploads

Matt at limeweb.co.uk matt at limeweb.co.uk
Tue Jan 17 23:30:29 GMT 2006

Hi Ryan,

Have a small question...i've only just started with Wordpress and blogging,
first install was the other day with version 2.0.

It's supposed to ping the services that I add in the options..but I found
this wasn't the case, I don't know if this is fixed in future releases.

Either way, I found that it wasn't sending a ping to Weblogs.com which was
who I wanted to ping. After a bit of looking in the code I found there was
no call to generic_ping and thus weblog_ping functions..

I made it call these funtions and now my posts appear on the weblogs.com
pages.

Just thought I would mention it.

Matt