[wp-testers] Another Issue with the upload mechanism

Stefano steagl at people.it
Tue Jan 3 14:14:34 GMT 2006

Il Tue, 3 Jan 2006 13:32:21 +0000, Richard Jenkins
<blackbirdcottage at gmail.com> scrive:

>I've just tested uploading a jpg. The directories are created and the
>original images are uploaded with the same attributes as wp-content as
>mentioned before (but as I don't own them I can't chmod them to
>anything else). The thumbnail is created with permissions set to 644
>(again I can't chmod to anything else as I don't own the file). None
>of these cause a problem for me as far as I can tell but that may not
>be the case for others.

I still get the dirs created by WP without the permission of the
original dirctory created during FTP (drwx-s---) even if all pograms
under suexec runs as the FTP user. I think that different setup of
suexec give differents beahviors... and this it's something that have
to be deep investigated and resolved cause suexec it's used more and
more on hosting providers

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it
Sites: http://www.40annibuttati.it
       http://www.wordpress-it.it