[wp-testers] Another Issue with the upload mechanism

Richard Jenkins blackbirdcottage at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 13:32:21 GMT 2006

I have a feeling I've witnessed this problem before on my Drupal
installs and heard about someone having a similar problem with Mambo.

My host runs apache as 'nobody' and php as a module of apache. So
directories/files created by php are owned by 'nobody'.

Would it not be possible for wordpress to chown the files to the
correct user after it creates them?

I've just tested uploading a jpg. The directories are created and the
original images are uploaded with the same attributes as wp-content as
mentioned before (but as I don't own them I can't chmod them to
anything else). The thumbnail is created with permissions set to 644
(again I can't chmod to anything else as I don't own the file). None
of these cause a problem for me as far as I can tell but that may not
be the case for others.

Richard