[wp-testers] Wrong date when importing from Movable Type 3.2..

Aaron Brazell aaron at technosailor.com
Mon Jan 2 17:12:18 GMT 2006

> Hi!
>
> Im doing an export from Movable Type v3.2 to Wordpress 2.0
> but when i import the txt file that MT creates, all posts gets the date:
> "Thursday, January 1st, 1970"
>
> VERRY anoing, how to fix this???
>
> The date in the exported files is correct ex. "DATE: 03/22/2005 05:03:42
> FM"

Forgive me, but what timezone is FM? I don't see it listed here http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/ and I'm sure the importer is throwing up because of line 262 of the importer...

$post_modified = strtotime($value);

If strtotime() can't find the timezone it doesn't know how to interpret that date string... And if MT is using their own definitions of timezones, then 1) they are being tremendously unhelpful and 2) we should know what those definitions are...