[wp-testers] Changing Domain Problems

EJ Fox ejfox at ejfox.com
Fri Feb 24 15:44:07 GMT 2006

I made a site on a subdomain (fsnc.ejfox.com) to work on, I set it up
with it's own SQL, all that stuff.

So I went to transfer the content to the main site
(freespiritnaturecamp.com) and I simply copied the config file into
the new site because I was using the same database and such.

Unfortunately none of my pages show up (using smart permalinks) and
in wp-admin when I go to manage pages, the "view" link points to my
old server. For example, I have a page "home" and it is one the old
server "fsnc.ejfox.com/home/" and the wp-admin file links there. But
on the new server "freespiritnaturecamp.com/home/" turns up a 404.

I was curious as to how I would transfer all the data, but not make
it site dependent.

Thanks,

--EJ Fox
ejfox at ejfox.com