[wp-testers] Can we delete this code from classes.php?

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Wed Feb 1 22:58:57 GMT 2006

Aylwin Cal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried changing line 31 from:
> require('./wp-blog-header.php');
> to:
> include('./wp-config.php');
>
> I no longer get stuck with the 200 but I get the following error on every
> single Gallery page:
>
> Warning: extract(): First argument should be an array in
> /var/hometemp/aylwin/public_html/wp2/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2109

That's in load_template(), which should never be called when only

If you look at the wp() call in functions.php, you'll see that it calls
WP::main() in classes.php.  main() does the basic init for a WP session.
  You can call any of those functions individually, leaving out ones
such as handle_404() that you don't want to run.  You can try this:

require('./wp-config.php');

$wp->init();
$wp-parse_request();
$wp->send_headers();
$wp->query_posts();
//Skip built-in 404 and do your own thing.
// $wp->handle_404();
custom_404_handler();
$wp->register_globals();

Of course, fixin WP in a way that accomodates everyone would be
preferable.  I didn't do the suggested change for 2.0.1 simply because I
was afraid it would break other setups.  We can nail this down for the
next release.

Ryan