[wp-testers] Can we delete this code from classes.php?

Kirk Steffensen blogger at steffensenfamily.com
Wed Feb 1 23:09:37 GMT 2006

Ryan,

It looks like you and I were typing at the same time.  :)  Please see my last
e-mail for an explanation on where/how load_template gets called.

I'll test out the idea of calling all of the main() functions except
handle_404() when I get home.  Thanks for the idea.

On the handle_404 specifically, I just looked at
http://trac.wordpress.org/file/tags/1.5.2/wp-includes/classes.php and
confirmed
my suspicion (voiced in my last e-mail) that the entire function was not there
before.  And I couldn't find a "200" in all of the 1.5.2 classes.php.
It would
be interesting if there are any notes or discussions on the logic for
handle_404
and the problem that it was intended to solve when included in 2.0.

Roger to delaying until 2.1.  I was looking at the timeline on the Trac
roadmap
and thought that 2.0.1 wasn't going to be released until Feb 16.  I was
surprised when it came out an hour after shifting 2360 to 2.1!

Thanks to you and Andy for taking time on this!

Cheers,
Kirk