[wp-testers] WordPress 2.0.6 RC1

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Fri Dec 15 20:34:01 GMT 2006

Mark Jaquith wrote
> One other note:  there is a security patch that will be going into
> 2.0.6 final that is NOT in this release candidate (so as to not give
> troublemakers a head start).  So be sure to download the final
> version when it comes out.

If the fix is easily bypassed wouldn't you want to know that sooner, rather
than later? Besides, this method pretty much clearly isolates the fix and
draws attention to it, doesn't it?

Oh.. by "Head Start" do you mean at attacking blogs that haven't updated?
If that's what you mean, I guess that does have some logic to it...