[wp-testers] WordPress 2.0.6 RC1

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Fri Dec 15 20:12:58 GMT 2006

On Dec 15, 2006, at 2:50 PM, Joefish wrote:

> I understand the logic behind this but I wonder, is it wise to bypass
> testing for any update? Is this security patch going through testing
> in some other way?

Ryan and I just discussed this before packaging RC1, and we decided
that the change was small enough and predictable enough to keep under
wraps until 2.0.6 is finalized.  Had the fix been more complex and
involved more lines of code then we may have put it into the RC.
Like everything in life, it comes down to cost/benefit analysis.
I'll be testing 2.0.6 WITH the change on a number of sites that I
manage, so in the very unlikely case that this small change causes
issues, there will be time for people to report them to me.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://markjaquith.com/

Covered Web Services