[wp-testers] RE: How to create a .diff to attach to a ticket(was: WordPress 2.0.6 Beta 1)

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 22:57:33 GMT 2006

[Austin wrote>
Too bad you're not using *nix; then you'd really have the simplest how-to:  :-)

1. svn diff editedfile.php > editedfile.diff]

 [Lloyd wrote>
 Yup, it is as easy as that as Mark Jaquith's post suggests
http://markjaquith.wordpress.com/2005/11/02/my-wordpress-toolbox/

And Arron's instructions fits well westi's post for Windows
http://blog.ftwr.co.uk/archives/2005/11/03/windows-wordpress-toolbox/

When actually attaching patches, it is helpful to others if you
generate your patch from the projects root directory, as Aaron's
Tortoise example did. So keep a clean copy of the tree if you are working on multiple things or have your own personal customizations -- this is always a good idea anyway so you have test your patch in isolation before uploading.

$svn diff > fix-problem.diff]

Oh nice! Sounds a helleva of a lot easier, and would be perfect for me! I'll have to check it out then! Thanks guys! ;) :)

spencerp