[wp-testers] Bug or feature in Admin -> Blogroll -> Add Link ?

Kent Roger kent at hinux.hin.no
Sat Aug 5 11:20:54 GMT 2006

In the Categories-dropdown, only the categories which already have a
link are listed.

To begin with I though the categories I added, wasn't added unless I
added a link in that category as well. When I went into Admin -> Manage
-> Categories all the categories I added indeed got added.

So I went into digging through the code and when I found the culprit, it
seemed like this is a feature, not a bug. My question is, if this is
feature, how are the users able to add a link to a "link-empty"
category?

And if this is a bug, here is a fix that works for me. Note the
"link_count >= 0". Originally it was "link_count > 0". This is around
line 644 in 'admin-functions.php'.

function return_link_categories_list($parent = 0) {
	global $wpdb;
	return $wpdb->get_col("SELECT cat_ID FROM $wpdb->categories WHERE category_parent = $parent AND link_count >= 0");
}

Here is a patch.
http://wp.freya.no:8081/diff/more-link-categories.patch

Kent Roger