[wp-testers]403 errors, desktop blogging and more

Anirudh Sanjeev prototype.angel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 17:49:31 GMT 2006

I run wordpress on my host and I wanted to use a desktop blog client, I
tried all in the list given by wordpress and considering not even one
worked, I got in touch with my host who said that the server does not
acccept the name xmlrpc.php, so I renamed it to x1.php. Now that allowed the
blog editors to access my blog by changing the api endpoint. Now the same
problem happens when I try to post from the builtin editor.

the error i get is:
Forbidden You don't have permission to access /techblog/wp-admin/post.php on
this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an
ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Now I am unable to post at all. Someone please help. Or should I just change
my host
If anyone wants to try it from their proxy(so if the problem is on my side)
try www.anirudhsanjeev.org/techblog/
un: admin
pwd: bd8f42
I'll be clearing out the tables, so don't worry about my privacy issues. See
if you can fix the problem

thanks.
--
Personal : prototype.angel at gmail.com