[wp-testers] Feed Problems?

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Fri Mar 18 17:18:43 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 18:06 +0100, Luc Saint-Elie wrote:
> Hello Ryan
>
> Having said that, another point it vous be great to have some admin
> editing on the RSS2 generator file. I have hacked quite a bit mine ,
> for example to add a Creative Commons link :

Perhaps we could add some filter points to the feeds like we do with
wp_head and wp_footer in the templates.

> I also had to add a counter link after the posts (because as 20-30% of
> my traffic comes from rss request a classical HTML counter becomes
> useless).
>
> The addition of all that make upgrading difficult if ever wp-rss2.php
> is updated, and add a lot of risk of error from my site (and
> rssreaders can be rather stricts, far more tahn webbrousers..

Feeds may be moved into functions that can be replaced via plugins.  Or,
we may allow placing custom feed templates in wp-content.  You could do
this now with a plugin that hooks into the template_redirect action.

Ryan