[wp-testers] Feed Problems?

Luc Saint-Elie lstelie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 17:06:34 GMT 2005

Hello Ryan

my two cents :

For instance I don't seem to have problems except on one point :

Enclosure spec seems to define ONE enclosure, and if there is several
link to mp3 files in a post WP creates as much enclosures as there are
links.. that make sensible podcast software to fail.

Having said that, another point it vous be great to have some admin
editing on the RSS2 generator file. I have hacked quite a bit mine ,
for example to add a Creative Commons link :

------------
<rss version="2.0"
	[...]
	xmlns:creativeCommons="http://backend.userland.com/creativeCommonsRssModule"

<channel>
	[.....]	<creativeCommons:license>http://www.creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0</creativeCommons:license>

I also had to add a counter link after the posts (because as 20-30% of
my traffic comes from rss request a classical HTML counter becomes
useless).

The addition of all that make upgrading difficult if ever wp-rss2.php
is updated, and add a lot of risk of error from my site (and
rssreaders can be rather stricts, far more tahn webbrousers..

Luc