[wp-testers] Upload and use of Images

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 15:39:27 GMT 2005

On 12/30/05, Tyson Tate <ttate at calpoly.edu> wrote:
> I know some people have an aversion to adding options to WP, but is
> there any reason why the ability to use the old upload file structure
> isn't an option?

That's one reason. Another is that most users just don't care where
their files go, as long as they are accessible. Another is that many
users are quite happy to have a monthly upload directory. Another is
that it's quite pluggable.

If you trace the uploading code I think you'll find there are hooks to
let you customize just about anything, including the uploads
directory. Somebody should write a killer plugin that lets users
retrofit the uploading system and do lots and lots more.

If you want more hooks, just say so. :-)

Andy