[wp-testers] Upload and use of Images

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 18:52:55 GMT 2005

On 12/31/05, Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:
> The original is inserted at thumbnail size because it's easier to
> resize up than to resize down. Apparently this is a point of confusion
> for a small number of vocal users. Is that the issue you're talking
> about?

My understanding is that there's no way to control the *actual* size
of the created thumbnail as we used to be able to, instead of using
width and height attributes to resize the thumbnail.  Also, I'd like
to control what directory images upload into.  Otherwise, I love
everything about the new image uploader.  Perhaps a plugin can modify
the uploader to address these issues.