[wp-testers] release/svn question

Santanu Misra santanu.misra at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 10:01:18 GMT 2005

Wordpress is a great product and the new version looks great. But what
bothers me is the rush of releasing the version 2.0.

But here is some of my thoughts as I compare wordpress with Gallery in
terms of releases and problems with new version.

1. The Alpha phase was for a long time and then suddenly came beta and
RC. And the so called final stable came much quicker. It looked like
someone had rushed to deliver the same.

2. Same rules applied to wordpress.org site where lots of links were
broken as soon as it got upgraded.

3. With so many changes the in the "trunk" now the 2.0.1 or 2.1 or 3.0
is not very far. May be we can slow down the public stable version
release process a bit. So majority of new comers and not so techies or
people with out SVN access can have a glitch free operation for a
longer time where they do not have to update/upgrade so soon when they
find something is broken.

-Best Regards
Santanu

--