[wp-testers] Uploading Location and Trailing slash

Rick Beckman rick.beckman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 01:33:57 GMT 2005

Aren't proper URLs meant to have a trailing slash? I'm not saying you're
wrong in your request, but this is what I remember reading somewhere on the
W3C website, though "to each his own." :-)

--
Rick

On 12/18/05, Sean Hayford O'Leary <hayfordoleary at gmail.com> wrote:

> Two completely unrelated things:
> First - In an older e-mail from the list, there was a method in
> wp-settings.php to easily change the upload path. Maybe I'm crazy, but
> has this code changed since the upload path option was taken out of
> the admin? Also, how do you specify what types of files can be
> uploaded?
>
> Second - Is there an efficient way to eliminate trailing slashes in
> 2.0? Naturally, you can get rid of them for the posts themselves in
> the permalink options, but for categories and archives, they still
> show up by default (I'm not sure if this should be counted as a
> "feature" or a "bug," but it seems that if you don't have a trailing
> slash specified in the permalink options, it should be disabled
> site-wide).
>
> --
> Sean Hayford O'Leary

Rick Beckman
www.Beckman-Ministries.com

Check out (and contribute!) to OpenWord, the FREE Bible-believer's
encyclopedia:
http://openword.fellowship-hall.com/