[wp-testers] flushing cache manually

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Sun Dec 18 06:50:30 GMT 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 05:40 +0530, Amit Gupta wrote:
> Aaron Brazell <aaron at technosailor.com> wrote:
> |  but these changes were NOT being reflected on my site no matter
> |  how many times I flushed my browser cache, etc
> flushing browser cache is not the solution. it was the problem with
> WP's
> cache. I started this thread & asked it here almost 10 days back but
> no
> one's replied, so I thought that maybe no one wants to or doesn't know
> the answer!!

Write a bug report that describes which values aren't updating correctly
and what events preceded the problem.  Note that if you directly
manipulate the DB with phpMyAdmin or the like, the cache will get out of
sync until it expires or until the value in question is updated.  The
cache currently expires after one day, but I think that should be
shortened.

To disable the cache entirely, add the following to wp-config.php.

define('DISABLE_CACHE', true);

To flush the cache manually, a plugin that simply calls wp_cache_flush()
will drop the entire cache.

I'll look over the URL update code.

Ryan