[wp-testers] CSS in WYSIWYG

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 22:36:28 GMT 2005

On 12/6/05, Humaneasy Consulting <humaneasy at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Is it too hard to have a pulldown menu with all the general classes (not A,
> Hx or any other associted with a specific HTML tag) so that we can add them
> as we wich?

That's easy. The hard part is knowing which classes are supported by
which theme stylesheets. Not all themes include CSS selectors for a
class named "capitular."

Then, if you switch themes, your classes might do something undesired
in the other theme but now they're coded into the post so... too bad.

If you want to flesh out the scheme and code to do something like
this, including a way for theme authors to get their special classes
into a dropdown in the editor, please do so. If you need more plugin
hooks in the core, please ask for them right away.

Andy