[wp-pro] XML-RPC + WordPress + Action Script 3

Dan Milward dan at instinct.co.nz
Wed Mar 24 09:11:41 UTC 2010

We need somebody to create us a swf file that uses the WordPress XML-RPC interface to login to WordPress.
http://codex.wordpress.org/XML-RPC_wp

So essentially the user browses to the swf file and;

They are presented 3 form fields. Their site URL and their WordPress username and password.
- Should they authenticate successfully they will simply be displayed the usual " Howdy, Dan Milward & Logout" links. Nothing else.
- Should they enter a wrong username + password they would be displayed a message saying words to the effect of "massive fail".

Pretty simple eh. It's a proof of concept for a client. We need it this week :)

Best,
Dan