[wp-pro] Wordpress Plugin Developer in NYC

Spencer Sloe ssloe at interactiveone.com
Wed Mar 3 22:06:44 UTC 2010

The Opportunity
We¹re looking for a talented Wordpress developer with extensive plugin
experience to join our team fulltime in New York City.

This role will be responsible for the development of new plugins and the
refactoring of existing proprietary plugins for our suite of over 50 sites
on Wordpress MU. We want people that are able to develop enterprise level
code that can withstand intense traffic spikes and server loads. You should
also be comfortable working as part of a team in an agile environment,
sharing your ideas and collaborating with an intelligent collection of
individuals.

The Company
Interactive One is ignited by its mission to create an online community that
engages and positively impacts the lives of African Americans.  The company
provides news, information, entertainment, connections and resources that
meet the unique needs of this audience's core values.

A division of Radio One Inc., Interactive One was launched in 2007 to
complement existing Radio One brands and create the leading digital
African-American network.

Since its launch, Interactive One has succeeded at becoming the #1
African-American digital platform - super-serving more than 9 million
monthly users.

Check us out at: http://www.interactiveone.com

Key Responsibilities
* Architect and document plugin solutions using best practices
* Integrate code into existing plugin architecture
* Be a part of a focused team in an agile environment
* Possess a passion for Detail and Standards
* SVN Experience

Personal Competencies
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with a
methodical approach to all tasks
* Ability to prioritize own workload and work to exacting deadlines
* Desire to constantly learn about the industry
* Desire to be helpful and always look for ways to help others
* Fluent English speaker

Required Knowledge and Experience
* Wordpress structure, themes, and plugins
* PHP
* Javascript
* Basic LAMPS
* SVN
* Proficiency at local environment development

Additional Experience a Plus
* Examples of plugins that you¹ve released to the open source community
* Advanced LAMPS skills
* Advanced Wordpress debug skills

If interested, please send email and resume to ssloe at interactiveone dot
com