[wp-pro] Discontinuing this mailing list

Gavin Pearce Gavin.Pearce at 3seven9.com
Wed Aug 18 17:52:29 UTC 2010

> Brad: Could always use an RSS to Email service like:
http://www.feedmyinbox.com/

Then again, you could always just stick with this mailing list also.  ;)

Let's face it, the cost of running this list to Automattic / WordPress
foundation must be almost zero.

> Brian: This decision has been floating around for a while. I remember
hearing it discussed a few months ago in #wordpress-dev

I digress - but this was my point in an earlier discussion on
WP-Hackers, the users in IRC #wordpress-dev don't represent a good cross
section of users from the WP community, so decisions are not always
going to represent all relevant parties. With all due respect - and as
an avid user of IRC - surely the best place to talk about the WP-Pro
mailing list, is on the WP-Pro mailing list with the people that use it
(or at least post a notification so all  can express their ideas) - not
in IRC.  ;)

Anyhow - the general consensus here seems to be to keep the list - of
which the cost of doing so is near zero.

With that in mind - I'll eat my hat if Automattic don't still go ahead
and remove it anyway.

Gav