[wp-pro] Customising WordPress category pages

Paul Doeman paul.doeman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 10:46:18 UTC 2010

I use Wordpress 3.0.1 to deliver my website (www.pauldoeman.com).

I would like to be able to manage a content area above the archive of
posts that appear in the home page and in each category page.

Here's a simple set of wireframes to illustrate what I'm after:
https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0AbRKMHO1M7tNZGM4a253N2hfMjk4d3c4c2NqaGM&hl=en&authkey=CKnd7dAN

And I'd like those category pages to be located under top-level links
(i.e. www.pauldoeman.com/drawings/ & www.pauldoeman.com/exhibitions/)
this will replace the existing 'pages' that I am currently using in
those locations.

I would like to be able to admin the content that is located at the
top of each category page by editing the corresponding 'pages' via the
Wordpress CMS.

I have tried using the "category pages" plugin to achieve this without success.

Can someone please quote me on this work?

Thanks,

Paul