[wp-pro] wp e-commerce site needs quantity discounting across the board

Sara Citrenbaum scitrenbaum at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 22:19:21 UTC 2009

Here is the deal. I have a website that required Table Rate discounting
across all products.

http://treeinabox.com/wordpress/

The deal is that they sell different types of trees. The more trees you buy
(no matter which type of tree it is), the more of a discount you get. So I
basically need Table Rate Pricing across all the products, so that you can
mix and match tree types, and still get a discount.

The wp e-commerce guys don't have time to work on  it right  now. But these
were their initial thoughts...

Development Idea (should work but Im not 100% certain)
Basically the $cartitem->refresh_item() function requires slight
modifications so that the products table price condition around line 1573 in
the RC3 version:
if ($this->quantity >= $qty) {
uses the carts total quantity as opposed to the products quantity.

There may need to be additional development in other areas but I believe the
above should be a clean/valid solution.

When this initial idea was implemented though, it didn't seem to work. I'm
looking for someone who can get this to work for me.

Sara
scitrenbaum at gmail.com