[wp-pro] Re: Create a Thumbnail For Each Post and Display On Your

Adam Mershon adam at adammershon.com
Sat Mar 14 21:00:14 GMT 2009

Andy,

See if Justin Tadlock's "Get the Image" plugin fits your needs.

Plugin Description (from Justin's site):

"What the plugin does:

I like using custom fields to define images for my posts, so that's what
this script was built upon. So, the script looks for the custom fields Keys
that you define. If that Key has a Value (should be an image URL), the image
is displayed with your post.

If there is no custom field used, the script looks for the first image
attached to your post. If there is one, then it grabs that image and uses
it.

If there are no custom fields used or images attached to your post, the
script has the capability of scanning the post for other images or
displaying a default image that you've set.

If that's all Greek to you, don't worry; the readme.html file included with
the plugin will explain everything."

http://justintadlock.com/archives/2008/05/27/get-the-image-wordpress-plugin

-Adam