[wp-pro] Blacklist?

Miriam Schwab mschwab at illuminea.com
Sun Jun 14 12:57:28 GMT 2009

On the one hand, it can save us a lot of trouble if we could rate clients
and suppliers. On the other hand, in my experience on other forums, it opens
up a whole Pandora's box where people who don't like others use this forum
to smear their name. Also, there are many cases where clients and/or
suppliers feel like they were mistreated, but objectively they were not. And
yet they may use this type of system to express their unjustified
dissatisfaction.
And then of course, there's the issue of libeling as mentioned above. That's
a very tricky area that I think is best avoided if possible.

One way of dealing with this could be as follows: if you are about to work
with a client or supplier, you can maybe post that on this list saying: "I'm
about to hire X" or "I'm about to sign a contract with Y" and ask if anyone
has any feedback. Then people can respond off line. I've done that on other
forums. There's one supplier who totally took advantage of me and never paid
me the fee he owed me (I worked with him on a joint project), and when
others ask about him and his company, I tell them off-list that the guy is a
crook. (It's nobody on this list, don't worry.)

That's my take.

Miriam Schwab
www.illuminea.com
www.wordpressgarage.com