[wp-pro] Need Talented Hired Help to Transition Site to WP

Christopher Rieman chris at udpride.com
Mon Jan 19 22:03:59 GMT 2009

WHO WE ARE

Porsches 2 Oxford (http://www.porsches2oxford.com) is one of the largest and
fastest growing Porsche events in the nation, with 400 cars on display from
17 states and Canada. The 2009 event marks our fifth anniversary and
estimated attendance  should approach 500 Porsches. The uptown Oxford, OH,
location is a quaint college town along the Ohio-Indiana border, and makes
for the perfect travel destination for Porsche aficionados.

WHAT WE HAD

The past four years we used a static HTML web site with general photo
galleries and a registration mechanism utilizing a PHP script for form
submission and auto-responding.  All of these pages are still online and
available.

WHAT WE HAVE NOW

I've just installed Wordpress and several plug-ins. Installation of Zen
Gallery went seamless and all of our photos and videos are now built and
online. I have also created a registration form using a favorite form
plug-in, but the mechanism is not entirely complete. Design and aesthetic
wise, very little has been done to the Web site.

WHAT WE WANT

We're looking for qualified WP talent to facelift the WP installation,
either through the use of pre-developed themes (Revolution, etc) or your own
design ideas. We need a proper navigation approach to the WP design that
allows for the migration of link information from static pages on the old
site.  We can copy/paste the information, but we need a smart approach so
there is no ambiguity going forward in inserting archived material into the
new design. We have many links and sections from the old site we must
migrate. We also need a clearly outlined registration approach that goes
beyond the simple form and submission we have used in the past. I have
installed WP Commerce but have trouble making heads or tails with it. We
need a mechanism to register cars with personal/car information (pretty much
already done) as well as a commerce mechanism to "add to cart" a  registered
car along with a couple of other event offers we give our attendees (road
rally etc).  All "add to cart" items can be on the same page. Our goal is to
ensure the registrant need only pay through Paypal one time in one
transaction for any/all event activities they choose to purchase.

We would also like a custom WP Admin login page. This is the last year the
current event organizers will oversee the event before handing it to other
chairs, so we're interested in covering all bases so the Web site is highly
marketable and sells itself as a highly polished finished product when we
demo it next winter.

A qualified candidate must have a strong background in web design/graphic
design and be able to take concepts and integrate them into a WP
environment. This site must look and feel impressive. I come from a graphic
design background and use InDesign for most of my work.  Finished product
must be able to translate our ideas to the finished product and/or
incorporate your own cutting edge approach. We are NOT looking for a cookie
cutter WP site.  Proper attention should be made to masthead and other
artwork significance. I can provide considerable assistance in this area to
help design artwork, or provide past artwork for a better approach.  If you
are simply an "XYZ" programmer without an eye for developing catchy looking
web sites that stand out from others, this job is probably not for you.  We
are not against any approach that makes the job easier, including taking
pre-developed themes from 3rd parties and cannibalizing them into a solution
that works for us.  We firmly believe in the path of least resistance.  Any
work we can do to make your job easier, we will gladly accommodate.

TIMETABLE

We'd like to start the project in the next 14-21 days. Project time: project
must be done and all loose ends ironed out by 3/10/09.

WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU

Please provide details about your qualifications and provide samples of your
prior work that demonstrates the skills and solution we're working toward.
You may also provide an initial ballpark quote if you feel comfortable, or
choose to wait on us for further details about this project.

Thank you in advance for your consideration. Drive safely!

Christopher M. Rieman

Webmaster/Media & Publicity

PORSCHES 2 OXFORD

c: 937.361.4630