[wp-pro] Looking for Bbpress expert

Marc or Fausto mail at feastoffools.net
Wed Jan 7 01:17:48 GMT 2009

Looking for a bbPress expert who could help us tie our blog entries to
appear on the forums via Bbsync and fix a couple of bugs on the
forums.

www.feastoffools.net/community

••• Install BBsync
http://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/bbsync/
new blog post, this post will be turned into a new topic in your
forums. Replies can be made to the topic. Comments made through the wp
comments form will also be shown as replies to the corresponding
thread. All comments/replies will show up automagically in wordpress,
too.

••• Code Buttons:
http://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/bbcode-buttons/
Automatically adds an easy access button toolbar above the post
textarea to allow quick tags in BBcode. This is an enhanced
replacement for the Comment Quicktags plugin. No template editing
required.

Requires the BBcode-Lite plugin (or some other kind of BBcode support).
Some buttons will only appear if the tag is supported (ie. img, center)

••• Upload Image Files / Attachments
http://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/bb-attachments/
This may not work with the version of bbpress and wordpress that are
compatible. Right now I'm waiting for bbpress to get to full 1.0 to
upgrade both to Wordpress 2.7 and Bbpress 1.0, which my guess will be
in the next 6-8 months, but hopefully sooner.

••• Post Notification
http://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/post-notification/
 If you have a topic in your favorites and there will be a new post to
this topic it sends you an email. Simply upload and it does its job.

••••  Bb Socialize
Add social network links to form/user profiles.
Allows you to set and display your social media profiles in your
public forum profile. As administrator, you can select which sites
will be supported using simple management panel.
http://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/bbsocialize/

••• Search problematic
Also users are complaining about the search function not working well,
is there anyway to troubleshoot this or enhance the search inside the
forums?

best
Fausto Fernos

--
Listen for free on iTunes to the Feast of Fools:

The World's #1 GLBT talk show

Mail To: Feast of Fools
5315 N. Clark St. #242
Chicago, IL 60640-2113