[wp-pro] Plugin pro needed to fix my custom field WYSIWYG plugin

Sarah Lewis, blogging guru sarah at happyhumans.com
Wed Apr 29 21:21:20 GMT 2009

Hi, all,

I need a plugin pro to help me work out the kinks of a very basic
plugin I've "written" (more like copy/pasted from tutorials, but
whatever).

The plugin needs to do one thing: add a WYSIWYG box to the "Write
Post" screen and save the content as a custom field (postmeta) for the
post.

I am most of the way there, but am having trouble getting the editor
to show up properly. Specifically, the box is the wrong width and the
"Visual" view shows both the buttons it should and the buttons from
the "HTML" view.

I know there are sometimes problems including more than one editor on
a page; this could be related, but honestly, I have no idea.

The plugin as it exists right now is here:
http://www.abundantmedia.com/resources/custom-citations.zip
The description includes links to some of the pages I've found useful so far.

If you're wondering why I don't just use the More Fields plugin,
there's two reasons:
1. I couldn't get it to work any better. :)
2. I'm going to eventually be bundling this with my theme because my
end-client doesn't want to use plugins if he can help it (there will
be a lot of blogs using the theme and he doesn't want to worry about
installing plugins as part of the setup process). So I want something
that just does this one thing.

I don't necessarily need the whole editor if that's a big part of the
problem; I just need functions for links, italics, and bold.

If you can make this work, let me know how much and when you can
deliver it. I'm hoping to wrap up this project sooner rather than
later, so quick delivery is a plus.

--
Sarah Lewis
Helping designers spend more time designing :: DesignEnabler.com