[wp-pro] Seeking Wordpress Designer for Online Magazine

Laryssa Wirstiuk lawirstiuk at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 24 04:16:12 GMT 2008

My name is Laryssa, and I am the founder and editor-in-chief of Too Shy to Stop (http://tooshytostop.wordpress.com),
an online arts and culture magazine for young people.  The site went live in May 2008
as a one-woman Wordpress blog.  Recently, I recruited a
number of young writers who now contribute regularly to the site.

I have dreams of transforming Too Shy to Stop into an online magazine (think Slate or Salon)
with advertisers, a regular readership, and a full editorial and
creative staff.  However, I can't do that without a great layout and
design.  I currently use the Journalist template from Wordpress.com; this template has worked for me so far because it is basic and allows the writing to shine.

I want to move my site to Wordpress.org (I own tooshytostop.com), and I want a customized template with a unique look.  I need someone who can work with me to build an identity (logo and layout) and who can guide me through some of the technical aspects as well.  I want to be able to post content on my own; I know the basics, but I will need a little help.

Also, I am located in the D.C. metro area; it would be ideal if I could find someone nearby, but it's not necessary.  I am interested in hearing from Wordpress designers who would like to work on the design for an online magazine and who are creative, fresh, hip, and talented.  Thank you!