[wp-pro] Need a plugin developer (fast) to create or modify specific slideshow functionality

Donna Casey syncbox at gmail.com
Tue May 20 18:11:09 GMT 2008

Hello!
I have a client who has specific requirements for showing images related
to their own client projects. I am using WordPress 2.5.1 as a CMS,
developing with Pages. All that is working well. I know that there are
many image gallery and slideshow plugins out there, but non work for
what I need and my php skills, particularly with plugins, do not reach
the level required.

Plugin Requirements:

1) must function for pages
2) must allow admin user to insert up to 6 projects with 1 associated
slideshow each, containing up to 10 images, + a block of text associated
with that slideshow (describing the project)
3) on inserting a new "project", admin enters 'projectname', 'path to
client folder/image folder' (this will be something like
'Acme','clientname/images01' (images02, etc up to images06) with the
.TEMPLATEPATH. portion hardcoded and 'project-text'
4) must allow me to display and style the slideshow (I have this worked
out and approved) but should be somewhat flexible

5) Besides inserting said project name, image set, and text, it must
also add a set of buttons to the right of the slideshow image (same
number of buttons as images) linked to click through each image in the
set. These buttons will use CSS to set :hover, :active, and :focus
states (the same graphic) so that the "trigger" button for the active
image looks selected.

6) clicking on the main image moves to the next image in the set. On
reaching the last image (could be #5, #7, #10, unknown because each set
can vary from 1-10 images), clicking it returns to the first image.

7) When clicking the image to move through the set, the corresponding
trigger button is "selected", therefore, clicking the last image to
return to the first would set the first button to its selected :focus state.

8) the trigger buttons work to display each corresponding image, whether
moving forward or back (next, prev)

9) the project name will appear up near the top of the page; the project
text will appear below that; the slideshow below that; and the trigger
buttons to the right of the slideshow. Ideally, I'd like some
[projname], [projtext],[set01],[triggers01] kind of shorthand references
to place these generated elements in my page template.

10) clicking the [projname] (a linked bit of text) displays THAT set of
images, showing the first image and setting the first trigger button to
its selected (:focus) state while hiding all the others (but not the
other [projname} links.

11) clicking the projname sets its appearance (:focus?) to a red state,
but I believe I can control this with CSS.

12) onloading this page (which a visitor gets to by clicking a link in a
list elsewhere), all the projnames display, but only the first projtext,
set01(its first image) and set of triggers are displayed.

13) need this to show gif, jpg, & png images AND the images can be any
size, with a max of 636 width (to fit the template container)

I hope I've described everything. Ideally, I'd like this all to be
doable from the admin (write/manage) Page screen, using Custom Fields (I
guess) where the admin can select a key and enter a value, as in (for a
client named Acme)

projname | brochure design
projtext | blah, blah
projfolder | Acme_Widgets
projset | 1

This would point to
TEMPLATEPATH.'client_projects/Acme_Widgets/images01/

it would get the number of images from the total number of images in the
images01 folder and  the images will always be named like 01, 02, etc...
so the .extension would be retrieved from the list of images in that folder.

Make sense? I need (from you) to know:

1) how fast you can deliver this. Frankly, I need it this week.
2) can you make it so that it doesn't break on upgrading? (shouldn't,
but let me know. If absolutely necessary, would retain you to upgrade
plugin)
3) COST.... I am being paid for this site but not THAT much... looking
for reasonable fees - I understand the nature of the work and how
contractors work and are paid.
4) Some outstanding references - which means I'll give you a deposit to
start working on this OR (no refs) will pay on completion. Sorry to be
that way, but I've been burned. References make a huge difference in my
trust.

Please contact me offline [syncboxATgmailDOTcom] unless you are simply
asking a question about the specs above. I don't care if you build off
of other plugins (free?) or start from scratch as long as starting from
scratch doesn't hugely increase the cost.

I really need this done this week. Looking forward to finding your
skills outstanding! If so, I will likely send more work your way.

Thanks
D. Casey