[wp-pro] Need help installing Wordpress

WordPress wordpress at anekostudios.com
Fri May 9 15:10:59 GMT 2008

Hey all -

I'm having a SERIOUS issue here.  (No, not for you all - just me!)  I
have a client that's using Verio as their webhost, and they insist
upon keeping the IIS server (most of their existing site uses ASP -
they won't give it up).  Needless to say, I'm having fun trying to
install WordPress on the server.  They have, indeed, installed PHP and
MySQL, but of course, on a Windows box, they ain't playing nice,
needless to say.

Somehow - I don't know how - after three days I managed to install
WordPress on the server.  But it shot right by the part where I get a
copy of my password for the blog so I can log in and went directly to
the site, without passing "Go" (and I don't get my $200 until it's
working!)  Oh, and the fun thing - when I tried to log into phpMyAdmin
to just change it there - somehow - I have no idea how - the
phpMyAdmin password was changed, and I can no longer log in.  I don't
know if some Windows setting screwed things up or what, but I'm about
to kill someone.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here had any experience installing
WordPress on a Windows box - especially with Verio as a host (I've
used them before - I hate them as much as I hate IIS - but that's a
personal thing).  I have to call them in a bit to try and sort out the
phpMyAdmin issues - but I was wondering if - after that - can I hire
someone to do this?  Like a  subcontractor subctontracting?  I can
install WP with my eyes shut most of the time - but this...ARGH.

If anyone's interested (or knows what's going on here and can help me
out) please contact me offlist (of course) with your hourly rate and
blah blah all that junk.

Thanks!

~Shelly