[wp-pro] blogger needed

Dan Milward dan at instinct.co.nz
Thu May 8 09:23:27 GMT 2008

I was thinking about this earlier today when it came in. I was going to
reply along the same lines but I'm pretty insanely busy....

Maybe people just don't appreciate how long these things can take - heck
I remember writing an two page article a couple of months ago on
blogging for a government agency and I can tell you that it took a heck
of a lot longer then 4 hours. All sorts of research has to go into this
kind of thing if you want a good end result.

But I also think it may be a side effect of open source projects.
Because you give away something for free there is an unrealistic
expectation that you should also provide free support as well.. it is
madness I tell you. I have been abused, threatened and had all sorts of
teh crazy experiences because I don't provide free support for our
product. Lucky us Kiwis are tough (and lovely people too) :P

What did occur to me though was how cool it "could" be if there was a
wiki somewhere with this kind of article floating around. Then lots of
people could contribute 10 minutes here or 20 minutes there and in an
open source fashion we could produce something pretty dang cool. Then
again there is probably already something like this floating around in
the WordPress docs anyway...

Ciao,

dan at instinct.co.nz