[wp-pro] Off list topic, but needs to be said...

Skaneateles Design briel at skaneatelesdesign.com
Sat Mar 29 18:49:38 GMT 2008

To all,

I was just reading the WordPress v2.5 upgrade instructions at
wordpress.org.  As neat as I think WordPress v2.5 is from a technical
standpoint (it is definitely neat!), I wanted to mention that the
paragraph that really caught my attention more than everything else is
under "Step 3: Do something nice for yourself."

Not sure why this paragraph stands out more than the rest for me, but I
think it really does illustrate what makes the spirit of the people in
the WordPress community unique.  This spirit starts with Matt Mullenweg,
and extends out through each and every person that's been touched in
some way by the WordPress movement.

If you haven't already read it, here it is...

"Consider rewarding yourself with a blog post about the upgrade, reading
that book or article you've been putting off, or simply sitting back for
a few moments and let the world pass you by."

In this complex and often stressful world, I can't tell you how much the
spirit of this suggestion is welcome.  It's a familiar spirit for me,
since I've known it since I first began to work with WordPress,
WordPress MU, and bbPress.  I've been a developer for some time, but
have never felt better about working with a software suite than I do
when I work with these programs.  Having originally worked with the
Microsoft development suite, I can't express strongly enough the level
of goodwill that moving to open source, and specifically to WordPress,
represents to me.

So, I suppose that all I can say is, Long live WordPress, and long live
the wonderful community that develops and uses WordPress each day!  :)

Have a great weekend!

--
Cary Briel
Skaneateles Design
briel at skaneatelesdesign.com
(315) 685-2492

Visit us at:
http://www.skaneatelesdesign.com

In Skaneateles:
http://www.skaneatelestalk.com - "Stuff your mother never told you about
Skaneateles"
Community blogs, wiki, discussion forum.