[wp-pro] Need someone to upgrade multiple WP sites

David Coveney david at interconnectit.com
Tue Mar 25 18:11:20 GMT 2008

I'm sorry but it's not 'simple enough'.

What plugins, what WordPress versions (from and to), what themes, and so on.

All I could quote for this is our standard hourly rate.  You never know -
might take five hours, might take fifty.

I've been debating writing a blog post (our blog is
http://www.liverpoolwebdesigner.com <http://www.liverpoolwebdesigner.com/> )
on the subject of how to hire a WordPress professional.  I have a feeling
that many out there are looking for simple solutions to what are often
complicated problems.  Messages like this which state things like "simple
enough" and "knock it out" suggest that this is a straightforward and easy
thing to do based on almost no information.  Real professionals don't just
"knock out" their work.  In something like this a real pro would be looking
at the versions involved, checking or advising on what issues there (do they
need to stage the upgrades, for example), taking database and server
snapshots and so on.  Then there's the issue of malformed content (in
particular special characters), which can get messed up during an upgrade -
will you want this to be corrected or are you happy to search through and
find these yourself?

Sorry to come across all tetchy.

Dave Coveney

Interconnect IT